Popping in to share this super easy paleo waffle recipe with you guys!
I was inspired by the lovely Rachel Mansfield for these waffles, but put my own spin on them with ingredients I had on hand. Potatoes, spinach, coconut flour and eggs are the leading ingredients. I added a kick of spices, as well.
These were great because they came together super quickly. After shredding the potato it was a one bowl wonder – mixed it all up and was good to go. Waiting on the waffle iron is the only hard part!
We topped with all things of course — avocado, runny eggs and dat everything spice!!! Tomato and beet greens on the side.
Try this easy breakfast (or dinner) recipe NOW! Latke waffles are calling. If you need a waffle iron, this is the one I’m using. I love All-Clad!! Their products are so high quality.
- 1 russet potato
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour (almond or cassava flour may work as well, though I haven't experimented)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of spinach, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Dash of cayenne powder
- Big pinch of salt
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Shred the potato. It will be quite a bit liquid-y, but the coconut flour should absorb most of it.
- Add in the coconut flour, eggs, spinach and spices. Let sit for 2-3 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the moisture.
- If the mixture looks too liquid-y, add a small spoonful of coconut flour.
- Heat your waffle iron and when ready, grease both sides (coconut oil, canola oil or butter would work). Add about ⅓ cup of batter into the waffle iron and close. Cook until golden brown (my waffle iron has a ready timer).
- Serve with savory toppings like a runny egg!