Yes that’s a mouthful. No, you won’t regret it!! This arugula salad is bursting with flavor from juicy peaches, creamy avocado and ricotta, and bright thyme and white balsamic vinegar. Perfect for all your summer produce!
It’s pretty straightforward – I think you can see all the main ingredients in the photo! A base of arugula (or other light greens like baby kale + spinach would work well too), a few dollops of ricotta (I used good whole milk ricotta), sliced peaches, sliced avocado, torn basil, thyme, salt, and peppers. I drizzed on a tablespoon each of extra virgin olive oil and white balsamic vinegar at the end. You could use regular balsamic, too, but the lighter flavor of the white balsamic is nice to complement the fresh fruit and herbs. A diced version of the fruit + avocado would also be great and not require a knife!!
Enjoy, and bon appetit!
- 2-4 cups arugula (or other greens)
- ¼ avocado, sliced or diced
- ½ ripe peach, sliced or diced
- ⅓ cup ricotta
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil, torn or finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add salad greens to a large bowl.
- Add on the sliced (or diced) peach and avocado. Dollop on the ricotta, a few spoonfuls at a time.
- Drizzle the whole dish with the olive oil, then the vinegar. Sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- You can mix it up or enjoy as is, mixing as you dig into the salad!