Rosemary Brown Sugar Oatmeal
A classic bowl of stovetop brown sugar oatmeal gets a sweet and savory spin with fresh rosemary, raisins and walnuts.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves removed, and roughly chopped if desired
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk (regular, or use almond/soy/oat milk to make vegan)
- 1 handful walnuts optional
- 1 handful raisins optional
Add all the oats, brown sugar, rosemary, salt and milk into a small pot over medium heat, stirring to combine (and so the oats don't stick). If the mixture looks to thick, add a little more milk. Add the walnuts and raisins if using
Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low and stir for about 5 more minutes, until oats are creamy.
Set aside to cool, then serve! A splash of milk and toasted nuts are also a great topping.