Indian Spiced Hummus
A light curry flavor spices up this hummus. Make it as spicy as you'd like by adjusting the red pepper! Great with naan, veggies, and of course on toast.
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas or 1 3/4 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 Tablespoon lemon lime works too
- 1 inch peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and combine until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides as needed.
If the hummus is a little chunky (may depend on your blender), add a little water or more olive oil to thin it out. I ended up about about 3 Tablespoons of water.
Garnish with more turmeric, red pepper flakes and then erve with veggies, pita, naan, or slather on an avocado toast!