My favorite salads, especially in the summer end up being a mixture of what is fresh, local and in season. This one is a great example of it!! Fresh arugula greens are mixed with sweet peaches, corn and goat cheese, then finished with a light honey balsamic vinaigrette for a super delicious and satisfying entrée sized salad.
This salad would be great for a potluck or any other gathering because it presents itself so well! Assemble all the salad components and keep the dressing separate until you’re ready to toss and serve. I didn’t have any nuts on hand, but toasted almonds, walnuts or pecans would complement the flavors well and add a little extra crunch. We served ours with seafood since we were at the beach, but this would be great with any other protein like grilled chicken or fish.
- 10 ounces arugula (or other salad greens)
- 4-5 ounces (120g or so) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 ear sweet corn, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons (25g) toasted and chopped nuts, optional
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the corn and boil until soft, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool, then carefully slice off the kernels.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar. If using a jar, shake to combine thoroughly. If using a bowl, mix thoroughly until the mustard binds everything together.
- Add the salad greens, goat cheese, corn peach and nuts into a large mixing bowl. Serve as is, with dressing on the side, or drizzle the dressing on top and toss to combine.