Hi friends!! Today I’m bringing you this hearty and colorful kale salad, one of the best I’ve made in a long time!! Lean + mean + all things green.
This colorful + super healthy salad came together on a whim, inspired by some roasted veggie leftovers. It was just so good I wanted to share with YOU! It started wtih a craving for greens: Pedro was away for the weekend and I just wanted SALADS and cruciferous things so I bought all the things (kale! arugula! brussels! spinach!). Normally I throw together what I have with a simple balsamic vinaigrette but I wanted to change it up a bit, especially since I wanted to use kale as a base. I settled on a tahini maple dressing that would go well with the earthiness of roasted veggies. I was inspired by a recipe round up of salads on Cookie and Kate!!
I started with greens – a bag of shredded kale + cabbage + brussel sprouts from Trader Joe’s. I suppose that’s the shortcut way, but you can also chop up your own greens or use normal salad greens. I diced up red pepper and roasted a spiralized sweet potato for mine, but any type of root veggie would be great (carrots and parsnips!). The tahini dressing is so versatile that it will go with a lot of different vegetables!
I topped it off with a little avocado for healthy fats + some blueberries to complement the sweetness of the maple. YUM. I want to eat this all over again.
Is it talking to you like it did to me? Guys, this salad is legit, and I highly recommend you try it ASAP!! Get pre-shredded veggies to make it quicker, or just dice up some kale // cabbage // spinach and make.it.happen. You won’t regret it!
Crunchy Kale Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- Mixed greens preferably hearty (I used a shredded brussels sprouts, kale and cabbage mix from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups roasted mixed vegetables sweet potato, brussels sprouts, carrots, parsnips
- Avocado sliced
- Blueberries strawberries, raspberries or grapes would be great too!
- Mix salad dressing ingredients together in a jar or small bowl. Set aside.
- Shred or very finely chop up the salad ingredients if not already done (you can also use regular salad greens but will probably need less dressing). Massage the greens with a few tablespoons of dressing, adding more if necessary. Top with roasted vegetables, fruit and sliced avocado. Drizzle on more dressing. EAT!!