Below are the items I use regularly for my skincare and makeup. I’m always trying new things so I’ll keep this post updated with my routine!
My Skincare Routine
I’ve been purchasing more natural products over the last few years, gravitating towards products that are safer for skin and contain fewer ingredients (the simpler the better, right?). For years I tried different products and stuck towards cheaper ones, but have been investing more in my skincare routine lately. I spend time and effort exercising and eating well, so this is just another part of my wellness routine!
- Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil – I wasn’t sure an oil-based cleanser would work for me, but I love the Countertime cleansing oil. It’s light, doesn’t feel greasy, and has a great natural smell.
- UrbanRx Cleansing Bar – I’ve been alternating with this cleansing bar / soap in the mornings and really enjoying the softness of the cream but the gentle exfoliation that comes with the sponge. It doesn’t seem like it will work at first but the bar gets nice and foamy once the sponge is wet!
- Countermatch Cleansing Milk – I’ll alternate the cleansing oil with this lightweight cleanser (usually this one in the shower, the cleansing oil by my sink).
- Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream – I love using this to moisturize right after the shower on my face and neck. Like the whole Countertime line, it smells amazing and goes on so smoothly and feels hydrating from the start.
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer with SPF – I use this as my base every day because of the SPF. The best way to protect your skin is by using sunscreen (please try to tell my 18 year old self that), so if you’re going to just do one thing, use sunscreen!!
- Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation – I’m pretty basic in the makeup department for the most part, but I’ll usually use a light foundation or pressed powder for cover-up as needed. My skin has been acting up lately so this foundation + a powder on top has been my go-to.
- Eye Shadow – I’m not great with eyeliner, or really any fancy makeup, so I just use a little bit of darker eye shadow as liner on a daily basis. I used drugstore brand for a while, then tried out Clinique, but am excited to transition to Beautycounter’s version!
- Dior Blue Mascara – Perhaps a splurge in the non-clean beauty area, but I love a good blue mascara!! Subtle and different for those of us that don’t go crazy in other departments.
- Countertime Cleansing Oil or Cleansing Milk – Keeping it simple and using the same face wash at night!
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar – I’ll use this in the shower after working out if I’m feeling like I need a more intense clean.
- Countermatch Intense Moisture Serum – I use this as soon as I hop out of the shower to lock in moisture to my skin (frost the cake!!).
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel – My first Beautycounter product – still loving it!!! I use it a few times a week to help exfoliate and resurface. It tingles a bit at first, which is how you know it’s working! The peel has acids that resurface your skin gently – without causing too much irritation. You won’t actually peel, but the serum will help smooth skin, even out dark spots and shrink pores.
- Countermatch Eye Rescue Cream – I use this nightly to moisturize underneath my eyes and to the corners as well. Can’t have too much moisture there!
Weekend & Extras
- Counter + Charcoal Facial Mask – Who doesn’t love a good face mask? I love that this charcoal mask is thick and luxurious, and really feels like it’s pulling out all the impurities from my skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum – I’ll mix this in as a moisturizing serum if I have it on hand (sometimes I keep one serum for travel, one at home!). A lightweight layer below sunscreen or makeup.
- Dry Bar Blow Dryer – I never would have been one to splurge on a hair dryer, but I tried my sister’s and whoa – you can definitely tell a difference. This blow dryer is strong but delicate on your hair, and dried my hair soo nicely. If you have a lot of hair, it’s supposed to be faster to dry, too!!
- Body Wash in Citrus Mimosa – I normally use a simple ingredient bar soap (Whole Foods has great ones), but I recently tried this body wash and love it! It’s light and bright, and the smell is so fresh!
- Countersun Sunscreen – I’m pretty basic when it comes to sunscreen . Give me anything with good coverage and I’ll wear it! Any sunscreen is better than none, but especially since you put sunscreen all over, I prefer to go with a zinc based cream with safe ingredients. This one goes on smooth and blends in well!!
- Nuxe Prodigieuse Body Oil – I discovered this oil in France – it’s very popular and sold in almost every pharmacy. I never thought I’d love body oil but this goes on light and smells great. It’s supposed to be great for preventing stretch marks, too!!
If you’ve been wanting to overhaul your routine and try out some new products, Beautycounter offers a few deals to lower the cost.
- Shop collections. Both the Countermatch and Countertime Collections offer savings if you buy as a bundle vs. à la carte. Plus, if you’re looking to simplify, you can just buy a set of products and not worry about mixing and matching between different routines! Or the Counterman for the man in your life!!
- Become a Band of Beauty Member. It’s the Beautycounter version of Amazon Prime plus rewards! If you think you’re going to place two $100+ orders in one calendar year, the math makes sense to join because you’ll save more than you spend. The annual cost is $29 and for that you get:
- A free gift (that changes each month – ask me what it is right now). Usually it’s more than the $29 cost, so you get your money’s worth right away!!
- Free shipping on orders over $100 (perfect for ordering last minute products or gifts!)
- 10% back in product credit to use on your next order
This post will be updated as I try new products. Thanks for reading!